If you're a new subscriber to a publication on Substack, you'll receive all sections by default.
If you're already a subscriber and the writer has created a new section or sections, you'll need to subscribe to them in order to receive a new email newsletter or see a post in your app Inbox.
To subscribe to a section:
1. Navigate to your Settings page via www.substack.com/settings. Or when logged into your Substack account, select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
2. Under Subscriptions, click on the publication that has sections you'd like to subscribe to.
3. On the next page, click on the toggles next to each section you want to receive notifications about.
To unsubscribe from a section:
1. Navigate to your Settings page via www.substack.com/settings and click on the publication you want to make changes to (as seen in steps above).
2. Click on the toggle next to each section you'd like to stop receiving email or app Inbox newsletters from. A gray toggle indicates that notifications will be off for that section.
Alternatively, when you get an email newsletter, select "Unsubscribe" in the footer of the email and click on "Turn off emails" next to each section you'd like to unsubscribe from.