If you're subscribed as a listener to a publication, you can listen to episodes directly on your favorite podcast app.
Note: At this time, Spotify does not support private RSS feeds.
How do I get started?
Access your private podcast feed URL anytime on the settings page for your subscription.
You can add the publication to your app using a link you receive via email or you can manually add the feed URL to your app.
Using a link sent via email (on your phone)
1. In the podcast setup email you receive from Substack, click on "Add to podcast app" and a new tab will open on your browser.
Note: If you tap your preferred podcast app and it does not load, please try manually adding the podcast feed URL to the app itself.
2. Select your podcast app and your unique private RSS feed should automatically populate in the show URL box.
3. Follow the show and you can now access episodes in your Library.
Tip: If you're a paying subscriber, episodes will be labeled "Premium" and you'll be able to play and listen to every premium episode for that publication.
Manually add a private RSS feed to your podcast app
There are two ways you can access the private RSS feed.
On your Account Settings page:
1. Click on the publication you'd like to listen to on your podcast app.
2. Select "Click here" under Private podcast feed.
3. Copy the feed URL and paste it into your podcast app. Typically, you can enter the URL into the podcast app show search bar or in an "Add URL" section.
On a podcast episode post:
1. Select "Listen on" and from the drop-down menu, click on "Copy link".
2. Paste the link into the "Add URL" section on your podcast app player.
To manually add a feed on Apple Podcasts, click on Library and the three dots in the top right corner. Select "Add a Show by URL" and enter the URL that you copied from the Private podcast feed section on your Substack Account Settings page.