With the "Reply on Substack" feature, we've made it easier for writers to engage with each other.
By replying on another writer's post, this creates a new post on your publication which lets:
- Your own subscribers to view the original post and your reply.
- New readers to see your comment on the original post and be directed to your post.
How do I reply on a post?
1. Click the Share arrow on the post you'd like to leave a reply.
2. Select "Reply on Substack".
3. If you have a publication, a new draft post will automatically be created on a separate tab.
4. Once you publish the post, it will appear as a comment in the writer's Discussion section of the original post. Readers will be able to click on "Read more" of your comment and be sent directly to your post.
Can I delete my comment?
A comment can deleted by the original post's author or you can choose to remove it yourself.
Are there any restrictions?
If the writer of the original post only allows comments from paid subscribers, then your reply will only appear as a comment if you're a paying subscriber.