Have an author you've been collaborating with and now you're ready to spotlight their writing with your subscribers? The guest post tool lets you feature a guest writer by easily creating their own byline and also prompts readers to subscribe to their Substack.
Here's how to get started:
1. From your Writer Dashboard, select "New Post".
2. In the byline section, select the plus sign.
3. When prompted, enter the email address of the guest writer you'd like to invite to preview the draft post.
4. The guest writer will get an email invitation to join your upcoming post.
- If they haven't accepted your invitation: Their email address will appear as "pending" in the byline.
- If they have accepted your invitation: Their name will appear in the byline and you'll also receive a confirmation email.
5. When a guest writer accepts your invitation, they'll have the opportunity to set up a profile and create their own Substack publication (if they don't already have one).
6. After clicking "Update profile & view draft", the guest writer can preview your draft post.