Check with your domain registrar to configure your CNAME. Below are a few helpful docs for common registrars to get you started.
- Google domains: Create a CNAME record
- GoDaddy: Add a CNAME record
- Namecheap: How to create a CNAME record
- Domain.com: How to update a CNAME
- DreamHost: Adding a CNAME
- Bluehost: What is a CNAME?
- Hover: Managing DNS records
- Dynadot: How do I create a CNAME?
- Cloudflare: If you have registered your domain through Cloudflare, make sure that the “Proxy status” on your CNAME record is set to “DNS only”. The orange cloud icon in the CNAME record row should be grey, not orange.
Need to link your custom domain to your Substack publication? Find a step by step guide here.