Stripe calculates recurring revenue differently from Substack, especially when it comes to subscriptions that have timely coupons (eg "33% off for your first year"). Stripe considers the recurring value of those subscriptions to be their eventual full price rather than their current 33% off price. If the majority of your subscriptions came with discounts, the gap between what Stripe reports and what we report may be particularly large.
Articles in this section
- Does Substack integrate with Stripe Tax?
- How do I set up my Stripe account to start receiving payments?
- Stripe asked me to verify my domain. What should I do?
- Why is there a difference between my Substack GARR and Stripe MRR?
- How do I set up a paid publication?
- How do payouts work on Substack?
- Can I link multiple publications to the same Stripe account?
- How does paid subscriptions work in the Substack app?