Ready to write a post and share it with your Substack readers?
1. Log into your account on Substack's homepage under Login or directly at this link.
2. Select Writer Dashboard and click on New Post.
3. Start writing using our Substack editor.
4. When you're ready, select Publish and you'll have the option to choose:
- The intended audience (free signups, paid subscribers, everyone)
- Who can comment on your post
- If you'd like to send the post as an email to your subscribers
- A future date and time to publish your post
How do I save a draft?
Post are automatically saved as drafts. If you return to your Dashboard, you can view all your un-published posts in the Drafts section on the right panel.
How do I only publish a post to my Substack site?
Your posts are set to publish to the web and be sent via email by default. If you'd like to only publish a post to your Substack site, uncheck the box under "Send email" after clicking on Publish.
Can I resend an edited post to my email subscribers?
Once a post is emailed, it can't be resent- sorry about that! Any edits you make to a published post will only appear on your Substack site.