If you already have a podcast hosted elsewhere, you can import past episodes to your Substack publication.
To move an existing podcast:
- Click the Podcast tab on your Dashboard and click "Get Started".
- Select "Import an existing podcast."
- Copy and paste your current RSS feed URL and click "Submit."
- Review the imported episodes and click "Import all episodes."
Once imported, you can view your episodes on your Posts tab anytime.
Note: If you've already created a Podcast section, head to your Sections on your publication's Settings tab and click on the three dots to "Edit". Move an existing podcast RSS feed by clicking on "Import a podcast".
What happens after I import my episodes?
After you've imported episodes to Substack, make sure to complete these two things:
- Submit your new feed link to podcast directories (this can help new listeners find your podcast).
- Tell your previous podcast host to use your new feed link and re-direct so your existing listeners can follow you (also commonly called a 301 permanent redirect).
You can find your Substack feed link by clicking on Settings found on your Podcast tab. Scroll to the Import and Distribution section and find specific steps on how to submit your new link and re-direct with your previous podcast host.
How do I make changes to my podcast details that appears on apps and players?
Details such as the show description, categories, and logo that are displayed in podcast apps and players comes from what's on your Podcast Settings.
To change these details, click Settings on your Podcast tab.