Have a list of emails you'd like to import to your Substack account? Follow these steps to get started.
If don't have any subscribers to your Substack yet:
1. Log into your account and click on Dashboard.
2. Click on Subscribers and select "Upload a CSV" from the following options:
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Choose file".
4. Once you upload a .csv file, confirm that these subscribers have opted in to receiving emails and select their subscription type if you have payments enabled.
If you're importing paid subscribers and would like to ensure they don't lose access after your transition to Substack, you can offer these readers a trial.
Note: After the trial ends, they'll be prompted to enter their payment information into Substack to keep receiving your newsletter.
6. Select "Import" and your mailing list will begin importing immediately to your account. Depending on the size of your list, it may take a few minutes.
7. Refresh the page and you'll be able to see the count for emails that were successfully added and those that were skipped.
Tip: Emails may be skipped and not imported if they have an invalid email domain such as gnail.com instead of gmail.com.
If you already have subscribers to your Substack but want to add more:
1. Head over to Subscribers and scroll down to Email list.
2. Select "Add Emails(s)" and click on "Upload a CSV" to import more emails in one step.
How do I delete an imported list?
To delete an imported list, contact our Support Team and we'll take care of that as soon as we can.