Have a list of emails you'd like to import to your Substack account? Follow these steps to get started.
If don't have any subscribers to your Substack yet:
1. Log into your account and click on Writer Dashboard.
2. Click on Subscribers and select "Upload a CSV" from the following options:
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Choose file".
4. Once you upload a .csv file, select the subscription type from the drop-down box:
If you're importing paid subscribers and would like to ensure they don't lose access after your transition to Substack, you can offer these readers a trial.
5. Continue with the next steps:
- Choose to send a customizable welcome email which you can edit by selecting "preview".
- Confirm that the email address holders on your list have opted into receiving your newsletter (this is required).
6. Select "Import" and your mailing list will begin importing immediately to your account.
7. Refresh the page and you'll be able to see the count for emails that were successfully added and those that were skipped.
If you already have subscribers to your Substack but want to add more:
1. Head over to the Subscribers and scroll down to Email list.
2. Select "Add Emails(s)" and click on "Upload a CSV" to import more emails in one step.