New to Substack? Follow these steps to create your first publication.
1. Create an account by clicking on Start Writing on Substack.com.
2. Set up your profile with a photo, your first name, and a short bio.
3. Choose a name for your publication, a description, and a URL for your subdomain.
Tip: These can be changed anytime on your Settings page.
4. Have a mailing list? Import them in one step by uploading a .csv file or skip and import at a later time.
5. Invite your friends, family, readers to your Substack by entering their email addresses. Or share your unique publication link: https://publicationname.substack.com
6. That's it! Your publication is now live. If you're not ready for readers to discover your publication, head to your Settings page and check the box next to Invite-only mode.