Interested in offering a free trial to your publication? Follow these steps to to create a unique link that you can share with your readers.
1. Log in to your Substack account and navigate to your Settings page. Click on Payments in the left navigation bar.
2. Next to "Special offers" click on "Manage special offers".
3. Select "New special offer".
4. Under "Terms", choose "Free trial" and fill out details such as the special offer name and description.
5. When you're ready, click "Create offer" and a unique link will be generated.
- Copy link will automatically copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Send by email will create a new draft post which you can publish and send via email to your readers.
What will readers see when they click on the free trial link?
When readers click on your link, they'll see the length of the free trial and see your publication's subscription plans.
Note: To redeem and start their free trial, readers must enter their card details. If they'd like to cancel their subscription, they can do that by following these steps.
To enable a 7-day free trial on all your paid posts, check out this article here.