Podcasts hosted on Substack will appear on other major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts.
First, enable podcasts:
- Log in to your account and navigate to Dashboard > Settings.
- Scroll down to "Podcast settings" and click "Enable podcasting beta".
- Enter the details of your podcast, including cover art, title, description, and categories.
Then, publish a podcast episode:
- From the top menu, click "Posts". On the right-hand side, under "Create", click "New episode".
- Click "Upload mp3 episode audio" to upload an existing .mp3 file, or click "Record episode audio" to record a new episode on the spot.
- Add a description, or anything else you'd like to say about your podcast episode.
- After clicking "Publish", you will be given the option to publish only to your publication's website, or also email it to your subscribers. You'll also be given the option to schedule your post.