In compliance with the Digital Services Act (DSA), we are committed to ensuring a safe and lawful online environment for all our users. This article provides guidance for European users on how to report illegal content as per the regulations of individual member states under the DSA.
Understanding the Digital Services Act:
The Digital Services Act is a regulatory framework enacted by the European Union to create a safer digital space where the fundamental rights of users are protected and to establish a level playing field for businesses. It includes specific provisions for reporting and managing illegal content online.
What Constitutes Illegal Content:
Illegal content refers to any material that violates the laws of a member state. This could include, but is not limited to incitement to violence, child exploitation material, trademark or copyright infringement, etc.
How to Report Illegal Content:
- Identify the Content: Ensure that the content you wish to report is accessible and falls under the category of illegal content as per your member state’s laws.
- Use the Digital Services Act reporting form: Fill in the required details, such as the nature of the content, its location (URL), and why you believe it violates the law.
- Provide Specific Details: Be as specific as possible in your report. Include any additional information that could help us assess the content effectively.
- Submit the Report: Once you have filled out the form, submit your report. Our Trust & Safety team will review it in accordance with the DSA guidelines and take appropriate action.
- What Happens After You Report: After submission, your report will be reviewed by our dedicated staff. We take each report seriously and will handle it in accordance with the DSA and the relevant national laws. If necessary, we will collaborate with local authorities to address the issue.
Contacting Local Authorities:
In case of immediate threat or severe illegal activities, we recommend contacting your local law enforcement directly.
We are committed to ensuring our platform remains a safe and legal environment for all users. Your reports play a vital role in helping us maintain these standards. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Trust & Safety team at email@example.com.