You can add links to the top navigation bar that lead readers to pages on and off Substack.
The navigation bar displays and links to the following by default:
- Home: Your publication’s homepage
- Archive: All your publication's posts
- About: Your publication's About page
Tip: If you have a Substack podcast, chat, or reader referrals enabled, these can also be displayed in the navigation bar.
Follow these steps to customize your navigation bar:
1. Head to your publication's Settings page and scroll to the Website section.
2. To add a link, select "New link".
3. Under Title, enter what you'd like the header in your bar to be displayed as. Enter the link URL and select Save.
4. To edit or delete a link you've added, select the three dots on the right and make your selection.
Tips for the navigation bar:
- Select the eye to hide or unhide Substack links such as Podcasts, Chat, or Archive.
- Pages you create in your Settings can also be added to your navigation bar.
- If your Substack publication has sections, these headers will appear in the navigation bar.