You can use the subscriber dashboard to send emails to a subset of your subscribers. For example, you may want to send a thank you email to your earliest subscribers, or a special offer to the free subscribers who open emails most frequently.
When you send out a targeted email with the subscriber dashboard, we won’t create a post on your Substack publication or archives– these are direct emails.
1. On your Subscribers tab, head to the All Subscribers section. Select "Filter" to sort out your email list to find your audience.
2. Select all the recipients (make sure the box next to their email address is checked). Click on "Email" to start a draft.
3. From here, you can write an email as you normally would on Substack, then click "Send email" when you’re ready.
4. This email is available to view on your Posts dashboard in the Published tab. An email icon will appear next to the title indicating that it was sent as just an email to certain subscribers.
5. Once the email is sent, it can take up to 10 minutes for data to populate. To see a list of recipients, click on the individual post. In the Overview tab, select "Details" in the Recipients box.